Obtention of temporary transit permit in quarantined communes

Dear Business Partners,

In order to obtain the temporary transit permit which authorizes to carry out fundamental activities and stock up of basic goods and services, among other activities, foreigners residing in Chile either as tourists or residents and who do no have a “clave única” or Chilean I.D. card for foreigners (a provisory RUT may not be used for this purpose), must request this permit in person at the offices of Carabineros de Chile closest to their domicile, showing a valid passport.  We also recommend to bring the corresponding tourist card, visa or permanent residence application receipt.

For more information, please find attached the instructive published by the Ministry of Interior and Public Security.

We will keep you informed of any new measures adopted.