Today, 25 March 2020, and as a result of the measures implemented by the Chilean Government to face the Covid-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Health issued Exempt Resolution No. 203, instructing a series of new sanitary measures.
The resolution regulates several matters, and, among them, we underscore:
- It establishes isolation or general quarantine measures, indefinitely forbidding the population of the country from being in the street between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- It sets a compulsory measure for individuals older than 80 years of age to stay quarantined, i.e., staying at home in their usual domicile.
- It establishes quarantine lines (cordons sanitaires) in various localities and administrative regions, banning the entry into and exit from them, excepting those whose jobs are essential to supply the area or who render critical services and health services.
- It establishes a 14-day quarantine for individuals who have been in close contact 1with someone diagnosed with Covid-19.
- It indefinitely bans any and all public events with more than 50 people.
- It bans any and all sporting events, whether professional in nature or amateurs.
- It sets a ceiling of CLP$25,000 (USD$29.59) for the price healthcare providers in the country may charge for the test to detect Covid-19.
For further information, please check the entire resolution in the following link
1 Close contact shall be understood as that person who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, between 2 days prior to the onset of symptoms and 14 days after that, if simultaneously one of the following conditions is met: – having been in personal face-to-face contact with the patient for more than 15 minutes, with less than 1m distance between them; having shared a confined space for 2 or more hours, meaning places like offices, jobs, meetings, schools; living or spending the night in the same home or similar place, such as hostels, boarding schools, confinement institutions, elderly homes, hotels, residences, among others; having moved in any means of closed transportation with a proximity smaller than 1 m with another occupant of that means of transportation.